Oh, happy day, I got the scrapbooking tool of my dreams! It showed up at my door pretending to be a cardboard box. I opened up that box and there it was in its plastic covered glory. I bought myself a We R Memory Keepers Photo Sleeve Fuse which have just become available in stores. I am pretty busy these days but I kind of want to clear my schedule and play for a day.
So, what does this handy tool do, you ask? It is a burn tool that lets you seal off memorabilia and journal cards in page protectors. You can custom make your pockets in the protectors. If you’re not a scrapbooker, just nod encouragingly, ok? If you ARE a scrapbooker (particularly of the pocket page/project life variety) you’ll understand WHY this is such a big deal.
I am looking to using this project because:
- I won’t have to stress over how my portrait or landscape photos are going to fit on the same page. As in, it used to be impossible.
- I can use odd sized papers.
- I can totally seal off sections. A locket of my daughter’s first curl. Sequins.
- SEQUINS. Yes, I plan to fill pockets with pretty sequins and things that appear suspended in mid-air. It will be lovely.
- I can seal off a bit of the top or side of open pockets where the paper or photo is always slipping out.
Freakin’ genius technology that is going to make this girl smile from ear to ear when she finally sits down at that craft table (eyeing it longingly right now).
That’s all for now. I’ll post again soon with a full report on the awesomeness of this tool.